Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Wintry Crippled

This poem escaletes the empty formalities shown by todays human beings in the society.The poem asks the readers whether humans have degraded to that extent.

The floor with flaccid cotton
That had no buttons.
The roof of bluish curtain
That never looked certain.

The old crippled, as old as winter
Came out of the shady haunt
Dressed in rags
And gave me a wintry smile.

I looked at him with utmost humanity
But he looked at me with extreme cruelty
But why?
Who’s accountable in making him so?
Might be! He was fade up
With humanity full of snobbishness
Or the empty formalities?
He just drifted off me                                                                       
With ragged and raged
Dragging and ragging
As if, not concerned with my human look.
Then I realized, the humans
Have degraded to such an extent
That even the doomsday doesn’t have the answer
Then what’s the answer????

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Speech during the Refugee Rights Day in Charlottetown,Canada